Monday, June 16, 2014

Eevee updates

Well, in our hiatus, Eevee turned a year old.  And if I do say so myself I think she's grown up pretty well.  But I might be a little bit biased.  I'm also getting ahead of myself.




Shortly before I stopped blogging, I had started a new job for an amazing company.  We're allowed to bring our dogs to work with us!  This is, of course, beyond fun.  It also meant that I could keep up with Eevee's socialization.  She's the most friendly and outgoing dog ever.  She's never met a stranger (she's definitely never read the aussie breed standard).


She usually goes to work with me 2-3 days a week.  She has everyone wrapped around her little paws.

Unfortunately sometimes her manners suffer as some people let her get away with way more stuff than i let her get away with.

At the end of October I came home from work and found this on her. (The shiny white thing is a quarter for reference)



My best guess (watching her play outside with my other dogs a few weeks later) is that Shiner got a bit too grabby playing with her.  Took her to the vet the next day and they stapled her back together.  She had to wear a thundershirt for a while which turned her into a fluffybutt monster.


Going to work 5 days a week had her pretty tuckered out.  Once healed she resumed flyball training.

She started agility training in February.  She really wants to try all the things.  She's a lot of fun to work with, even if she barks constantly.  She's more fearless than Demo on contact obstacles.  I didn't think it was possible.

She turned one in mid-february.

She debuted in preflight in April.  Now we're just working on her boxturn as she has her first singles races in July!

I have no idea how this is comfortable.


1 comment:

  1. Just discovered your blog, and oh. My. Gosh. Eevee is all kinds of adorable!

    ReplyDelete